Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Multimedia Resources

Staying connected with people around the world has become a normal attribute to one’s daily life. With multimedia resources accessible to every person with an Internet connection, tablet, and smartphone, learning is happening every second that ticks on the clock.


This tool enables the user to collaborate with others virtually via mobile device and/or computer. The possibility of meeting, collaborating, and sharing documents has become a simple task. Adobe Connect users feel comfortable attending and navigating the meeting’s site. There is no need to download additional software as Adobe Flash Player is installed “on virtually all internet-connected computers”.   Other than video conferencing and iclasses, Adobe Connect offers a rich multimedia that enable users and participants to share animated presentations, audio and video as well as images. In addition, it provides security and privacy to its users. Being familiar with Adobe Connect, I have used it for my iclasses where my online students meet with me to share a topic in the French or Spanish language, discuss the current events in some of the countries we are learning about, and much more. I can easily divide my students in groups and set each group in a separate room to collaborate on one topic. Other than working with the students in that virtual classroom, iclass meetings are recorded, and then a link is distributed to all students for viewing if and when they need. Moreover, this tool allows me to record a lesson with any kind of multimedia and send the link to my students to view, comment and reply. 



More universities are implementing multimedia resources in their classrooms and in their online environments. Institutions such as Yale, Stanford and Oxford are connecting their courses’ contents on the iTunes Store. This tool is considered an innovative approach to educators who can design their courses and upload them on iTunes that is hosted by Apple and would be available to one’s learners.  In addition, educators and learners can enrich their knowledge by accessing the 500,000 and more resources on iTunes U, including videos and audio. It is considered “a snap to distribute it to anyone who’s interest in the topic – whether n your class or anywhere in the world”. This is an additional tool that I can easily implement in my teaching and many of my learners will have access to it. Moreover, learning from other educators in the field will allow me to evaluate some of my curriculum design to benefit my learners.

6 comments:

  1. Mona
    Is the Classroom Aid app accessible with android operating system? I ask because more people are beginning to select Samsung Mobile computing devices such as Tablet, over an iPhone Tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,
    The link for that website has different resources from which I picked up the iTunes which is connected directly to iphones, ipads, and ibooks. I don't doubt they will definitely create similar tool with the Samsung.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mona, adobeconnect sounds like a great tool to use in education, especially in the online environment. For example, collaborate and share documents with students. I find that there are times when the students want to speak with other students and this could definitely promote student engagement and collaboration. As the students are going through the same educational journey and interacting with one another can sometimes improve their learning outcome. I also like the fact that you can record the lessons and provide the student with the URL to view when they have time. As an adult educator I would definitely try to incorporate this tool into my classes as this could certainly be used to not only improve communications but also student understanding of the coursework.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mona,
    I like what you reported that you were able to do with your students using Adobe Connect. From the sound of it, the possibilities seem to be endless. Using technology in this way is not only fun for the students but it enables them to be engaged in the learning process.
    I enjoyed reading your blog.

    Doris

    ReplyDelete